About Cocopeat Bales-Washed
What is Cocopeat ?
Cocopeat is a byproduct after extracting coir fiber from coconut husk. It is also known as coir pith or coir dust is a multipurpose growing medium made out of coconut husk.Cocopeat is a natural, spongy cellulose organic plant growing media which is utilized in horticulture, landscaping, soil improving, soil conditioning in golf course setting etc. etc. Its high water holding capacity and air filled porosity makes it an ideal growing medium for the plant crops. This clean coir has natural rooting hormones and anti-fungal properties.
Cocopeat has excellent absorbent properties, it can hold nutrients very well, and release them to the plant over a prolonged period. Cocopeat is an eco-friendly organic soil substitute / soil conditioner made from Coconut husk. The coir dust collected from de-fibering units spread in yards like heaps washed with fresh water, heat treated dried in concrete yards screened, graded and tested before taking into production. Cocopeat Bales are used in horticulture, floriculture and other applications. Cocopeat is supplied in compressed blocks for easy storage and the product is then expanded by adding water.
Growers after their own experience by using this product, observed improved healthy root growth, considerable savings on irrigation water along with increased yield which encouraged them to use Cocopeat as soil substitute / soil conditioner.
Cocopeat is suitable for growing hydroponic crop production including tomato, cucumber, egg plant, capsicum, strawberry, melons, carnation, rose, gerbera, chrysanthemum etc. under green house conditions and other regular vegetables by using as soil conditioner.
Cocopeat is a 100% organic and neutral substrate with no chemicals added. So it can be used by organic growers. After planting, application of nutrients should be carried out at regular intervals as required. Always avoid over watering.
Salient Features of Coco Peat
• Cocopeat is an ideal media for Seed Raising or Seedling. Since Cocopeat is having high water holding capacity and high air filled porosity, it helps to produce seedlings with strong and fibrous roots.
• Coco peat is the best alternative to traditional peat moss. Cocopeat can be used in seed growing mixture, bedding plants, planters, soil mixes, gardens, container plants. It has natural rooting hormones and anti-fungal properties.
• Cocopeat holds water rather than shedding it like traditional peat does! It holds 7-8 times its weight in water. So Cocopeat products are used in Reptile Bedding and Roof Top Gardening also.
• Cocopeat has the ability to store and release nutrient to plants for extended periods of time. It also has great oxygenation properties which is important for healthy root development.
• EC level of our cocopeat is <1 m/mhos which is ideal to grow plants.
• It has a pH of 5.2 - 6.8 which is neutral to slightly acidic. This makes it great for alkaline garden soils.
• Easy to use! Just put your compressed Cocopeat brick in a container, add 20-22 ltrs. of water and allow the water is absorbed, fluff it up and you are ready to use Coco Peat!
• Cocopeat can even be reused for up to 3 years!
|Product Name||Cocopeat Bales-Washed|
|Weight||4.5 to 5 kg per bale approx.|
|Volume||65/70 ltrs. per bale after reconstitution|
|Moisture Content||15 to 20 %|
|Organic Matter||85 to 90 %|
|Water Holding Capacity||More than 800 %|
|pH||5.2 to 6.8|
|E.C||Less than 1 m/mhos|
|Fibre Content||10 - 15 %|
|Packing||as per customers’ choice.|